This course will qualify you to present (draw) from the holster on our ranges*. Lecture includes firearm safety, nomenclature, Load/unload/chamber checks, and marksmanship. In the range students undergo both dry practice and live fire exercises to include single targets from the ready position, single targets from the holster, single targets from a concealed holster, failure to stop drills, Marksmanship Out to 10 yards, Tactical reloads and Response to your firing side.
*Students must show an acceptable amount of competency to be signed off for holster presentations in the range, as per instructors discretion.
- Class Dates and Times:
TBD – 9am to 5pm
WHAT TO BRING TO THE COURSE – (Available at your local Turner’s Outdoorsman, adjacent to the The Training Center)
2. 150 Rounds of Range Approved Ammo
3. Eye and Ear Protection (Electric Style Preferred)
4. Holster (On A Belt or in a Purse)
5. Two or More Magazines or Speedloader for Revolvers
6. Magazine Carrier
7. Notebook & Pen
8. Weather/Range Appropriate Clothing
9. Appropriate Footwear & Hat (For Outdoor Ranges)
LOCATION: – The Training Range – 38-698B El Viento Rd, Palm Desert, CA 92211 Get Directions